Mississauga set to experience extreme cold temperatures.
City services | February 7, 2020
If you need assistance:
- Emergency Assistance: 9-1-1
- More information on how to stay warm: 3-1-1
Community Centre hours:
During cold weather events various community centres are available to those who are looking to get out of the cold: Community Centre locations and hours.
Tips for cold weather:
- Plan ahead by checking the weather forecast before heading out.
- Dress in layers to suit the weather conditions and cover up as much exposed skin as possible.
- Stay dry and limit your time outdoors as much as possible.
- Reschedule or plan outdoor activities for another day.
- Drink warm fluids but avoid caffeinated and alcoholic beverages.
- Call or visit vulnerable friends, neighbours and family to ensure they are not experiencing any difficulties related to the weather.
- Do not forget your pets! Bring any pets indoors without adequate shelter.