March 22, 2021
Rats are a common pest in large urban centres that can cause damage by gnawing and burrowing.
To support Region of Peel residents, the Region has launched a Residential Rat Control Subsidy Pilot Program to assist homeowners with the costs of controlling rats on the exterior of their residential properties.
The pilot program will be available from March 22, 2021 until March 31, 2022 and will reimburse eligible homeowners for 50 per cent of the cost in hiring a Region of Peel approved pest control vendor, up to a maximum of $200 per calendar year per residential Peel address.
- Determine that the exterior of your property has a rat infestation
- Hire a Region of Peel approved pest control vendor
- Complete the application and submit all applicable documents including invoices
What you can do:
Rats seek out places to live that provide them with everything they need to survive, such as food, water, shelter, and safe ways to travel. Some ways you can help keep rats away from your neighbourhood are to:
- Eliminate food supply
- Eliminate sources of water
- Eliminate potential shelter
- Eliminate points of entry
To learn more about the Residential Rat Control Subsidy Pilot Program, find a Region of Peel approved vendor, and learn how you can keep rats off your property, visit peelregion.ca/rat-subsidy-program.