Stephen was elected as City of Mississauga Councillor for Ward 1 and Regional Councillor for the Region of Peel for the term 2018-2022. He is a lifelong resident and advocate in the community.
Prior to being elected in 2018, Stephen was the Chief Operating Officer for a technology company, with a focus towards transportation and database management. Previously, Stephen worked in the investment industry.
He graduated with an Honours degree in Political Science at Carleton University. Stephen also worked a Chief of Staff provincially and worked on a Bill that was unanimously approved in the Legislature to recognize May 1st as First Responders Day across Ontario.
In the community Stephen has witnessed decades of change in Ward 1. He twice served as the Co-campaign Manager for Jim Tovey, a previous Ward 1 Councillor. Stephen has also been a long-time volunteer in the community and is a proud member of such organizations as the Army Navy Air Force Veterans Club, the Legion and the Lion’s Club. He is a Director of the Port Credit Village Project and a Member of the Board of Directors for Community Living Mississauga.
Stephen and his wife, who have two Shih-Tzu’s named Skipper and Ginger, enjoy being a part of the community.
“Welcome, and thank you for making our community our home”
City of Mississauga Committees
- City Council
- Audit Committee – Vice Chair
- Budget Committee
- Environmental Action Committee – Vice Chair
- General Committee
- Planning and Development Committee
- Road Safety Committee
- Mississauga Heritage Foundation Committee
- Mississauga Heritage Advisory Committee
- Tourism Mississauga
- Region of Peel Council
- Credit Valley Conservation
- Government Relations Committee
- Peel Agricultural Advisory Working Group
- Port Credit Business Improvement Association
- Economic Resiliency Task Force
- Community Living Mississauga
- Safe City Mississauga
- Port Credit Conservation District Subcommittee