COVID-19 | April 6, 2020
The City of Mississauga’s Economic Development Office is providing free webinars for small and medium sized businesses in Mississauga responding to COVID-19 to help support them during this difficult time.
“We continue to meet virtually with members of Mississauga’s Economic Development Advisory Board (EDAB) and work closely with businesses to gauge the impacts COVID-19 is having on our business community and identify support that is needed,” said Mayor Bonnie Crombie. “Our Economic Development Office is fully virtual and continues to serve business clients on a daily basis. Many of our local business are concerned with how they will manage during this unprecedented time of uncertainty and these webinars aim to help them navigate through these new challenges.”
“The Economic Development Office, including the Mississauga Business Enterprise Centre (MBEC) is here for our businesses as we continue to be operational and accessible by phone, email and online,” said Bonnie Brown, Director of Economic Development. “It’s no longer business as usual, so we continue to look at new ways that we can support local businesses and provide helpful resources during these challenging times.”
The Economic Development Office is offering the following free webinars:
- Hackers Beware – Protecting what Matters in your Business – April 8
- Social Media Tactics your Small Business can use during COVID-19 – April 15
- Becoming Digitally Disruptive – April 21
- Marketing During a Time of Crisis – April 23
- Customer Loyalty During and After a Time of Crisis – April 28
- Selling Online: Everything you need to know in One Awesome Presentation – May 7
- Selling Online: eCommerce during the Age of the ePocalypse – May 13
- Rethinking Growth During and After a Time of Crisis – May 20
- T2 Tax Seminar – June 9
In addition, the following paid webinars are also available.
- How to use LinkedIn to Grow your Business – May 5
- 10 Steps to Starting Your Own Business – May 7
COVID-19 Business Relief Portal
In addition, the City has launched a new dedicated online resource for Mississauga’s business community in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The web portal is a one-stop site for businesses to get the latest information on government updates, relief packages and services offered by all levels of government.