What work is taking place? As important work to construct the guideway and install tracks along Hurontario Street continues in the northern part of the corridor, the first section of guideway and tracks to be constructed and installed in the southern part of the corridor will take place at Eaglewood Boulevard and Hurontario Street. This 40-metre stretch will precede the rest of the guideway construction that is currently progressing from north to south to avoid a closure of the future Eaglewood intersection before it opens to vehicular traffic. The rest of the guideway and tracks are expected to be installed in Mississauga South in 2024.
Crews will be excavating, installing tracks, and pouring concrete within the existing staged work areas on the west side of Hurontario Street at Eaglewood Boulevard in an area where the light rail vehicles will merge from the centre of Hurontario Street to enter Port Credit Station on the west side. Work will take place from Monday October 16, 2023, to Saturday November 18, 2023, between the hours of 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Construction work at this intersection is scheduled to take place from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. until completion. Access for emergency vehicles across Hurontario Street will not be impacted. Traffic signal timings will be adjusted to keep people moving. Pedestrian crossings at Eaglewood Boulevard across Hurontario Street will not be permitted. Sidewalk closure on the west side of Hurontario in this area is on-going (south of Inglewood). Please follow the signs installed to assist with navigating around the closure.
Please note, work may be rescheduled due to weather or unforeseen circumstances. If you require the most up-to-date information, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will provide you with e-updates of this work.
• Work at Eaglewood Boulevard and Hurontario Street is scheduled from Monday October 16, 2023, until Saturday November 18, 2023.
• Construction is scheduled to take place from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., including weekends.
• Work could be rescheduled and delayed due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
• Watch for slow moving vehicles entering and exiting work areas.
• Remember to reduce your speed when approaching lane reductions.
TRANSIT IMPACT DETAILS
• Visit MiWay.ca, and gotransit.com for updates on your bus route.
• Watch for additional signs directing passengers at bus stops as boarding areas may be relocated.
WHAT TO EXPECT?
• Every effort will be made to minimize disruptions.
• Access to properties will be maintained.
• Residents and businesses near the work site can expect to hear noise caused by trucks, excavators, backhoes, and other construction equipment related to this work.
• Please take care when walking or cycling near construction areas and watch for additional signs directing the public such as detours and dismounting.
• Watch for additional signs directing pedestrians across Hurontario Street as only one east/west crosswalk will be provided at all Hurontario Street intersections.
• Pedestrian crossings at Eaglewood Boulevard across Hurontario Street will not be permitted. Sidewalk closure on the west side of Hurontario in this area is on-going (south of Inglewood).
• Metrolinx has a dedicated community relations team in place to work with residents in Peel region through the construction and operation of this transformational transit project.
• 24-hour line: 416-202-7500