New Water Service Connections to all Properties between Mineola Road to Pinetree Way
May 3, 2023 to May 31, 2023 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
What work is taking place?
As utility upgrades progress in the area, crews will be connecting all properties along Hurontario Street, between Mineola and Pinetree Way, to the new watermain infrastructure that has recently been installed along the road alignment. The work is expected to take place as early as May 3 and will last approximately one month to May 31. Crews will be working Monday to Saturday, starting at 7 a.m. each day. Some overnight work will be required at the direction of the Region of Peel for temporary water service disruptions during the connections.
All the connection points are within the municipal right of way. Most of the connection points are located within the municipal side of existing driveways or the public boulevard. To make these connections, crews will need to excavate a small area up to the property line. As a result, there may be temporary impacts to water service, driveway access, and lawns/trees/hedging that are in direct conflict with the connection points. All impacted driveways will be temporarily restored using hot mix asphalt until permanent restoration takes place with final grading and re-surfacing. Any disruption to lawns/trees/ hedging will be reinstated during the final landscaping phase of the project. Individual property owners/managers directly impacted will be notified by the Region of Peel in advance of the impacts specific to their water service connection.
All works will be carried out in accordance with the Ontario Municipalities Act for the purposes of providing a water public utility with respect to accessing private property as needed. For more information on this Act please visit the government of Ontario webpage on public utilities at https://www.ontario.ca/laws/statute/01m25#BK89
Please note, work may be rescheduled due to inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances. If you require the most up-to-date information, please reach out to email@example.com.
• Work is expected to begin as early as May 3, 2023, to May 31, 2023
• Working hours are Monday to Saturday, starting at 7 a.m. each day. Some overnight works will be required at the direction of the Region of Peel.
• Work could be rescheduled and delayed due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
• Watch for slow moving vehicles entering and exiting work areas.
• Remember to reduce your speed when approaching lane reductions.
WHAT TO EXPECT?
• Every effort will be made to minimize disruptions.
• There may be temporary impacts to water service, driveway access, lawns/trees/hedging that are in direct conflict with the connection points.
• Individual property owners/manager directly impacted will be notified by the Region of Peel in advance of the impacts specific to their water service connection.
• Residents and businesses near the work site can expect to hear noise and vibration caused by trucks, excavators,
loaders, triaxles, backhoes, and other construction equipment related to this work.
• MiWay will continue to operate with regular service.
• Watch for additional signs directing passengers at bus stops as boarding areas may be relocated. Visit www.miway.ca/updates for updates on your route.
• Please take care when travelling near construction areas.
• Sidewalk access in the area could be affected.
• Watch for additional signs directing pedestrians as detours may be required to ensure pedestrian safety.
• Metrolinx has a dedicated community relations team in place to work with residents in Peel region through the construction and operation of this transformational transit project.
• 24-hour line 416-202-7500