• Region of Peel – Public Health : COVID-19 Mapping Dashboard

    Map Information

    https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/e21b45996d0b4f77a045447ff65b9831

    Updated November 6, 2020

    This map is designed to show incidence of COVID-19 per 100,000 residents at the census tract level. This map will be updated every week.

    Map Functions (Changing Layers, Selecting Data and Searching)

    The map contains two data layers, total and community cases. Community cases excludes cases in long term care, retirement homes and correctional institutions. Total cases are displayed when the page opens. To look at community cases, please select the layer list widget, found in the upper right corner of the map.

    To search for an address, postal code or point of interest select the magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner of the map. For best results use the following format, street number, street name, street type, city, (e.g., 7120 Hurontario St, Mississauga)

    Selecting a census tract with your cursor will give you more local details. You can select more than one census tract by using the selection tool in the upper left corner of the map.

    What does the map show?

    The map shows only where people diagnosed with COVID-19 live. It does not reflect where the illness was acquired. People may work, play and socialize outside their immediate neighbourhood. As a result, areas with lower or higher rates are not always indicative of risk to the community.

    Data Notes

    These maps include data available as of November 4, 2020 from the Public Health Case and Contact Mangement Solution (CCM). Data extracted represent a snapshot of data entered up to and at the time of extraction and may differ in previous or subsequent reports.

    Cases included in these maps represent those individuals who resided in Peel at the time of their diagnosis.

    Institutional cases include those reported from inside long-term care facilities, nursing homes and correctional facilities.

    15,165 (100.0%) cases reported their symptoms started between February 23 to October 31, 2020. 17 (0.1%) of these cases did not include valid postal code information and could not be mapped. The remaining 15,148 (99.9%) cases are represented in the maps.

    How is COVID-19 Incidence Rate per 100,000 Defined?

    This map shows a crude incidence rate defined as the total number of new cases within a specific time period divided by the total population and multiplied by 100,000. For example, if 7 cases were reported within a census tract with a population of 4,874 then the rate per 100,000 would be (7/4,874)*100,000 = 144 per 100,000. Crude rates are influenced by the underlying age distribution of the population.

    Data Sources

    Ontario Ministry of Health, Public Health Case and Contact Management Solution (CCM), extracted by Region of Peel – Public Health.

    Census 2016, Statistics

Comments are closed.