Novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
This page is reviewed daily. Last updated: March 18, 2020.
If you have questions about COVID-19, review the following information, or call Peel Public Health at 905-799-7700, Caledon 905-584-2216. Do not visit Regional buildings for answers to your COVID-19 questions. Stay up-to-date on novel coronavirus in Canada.
- Region of Peel declares Emergency to protect health and safety of residents and staff
- Peel Public Health advises nightclubs, movie theatres and concert venues to close to help protect the public from COVID-19
- Advice on when to call public health, when to get tested for COVID-19 and when to go to emergency
- Services and facilities temporarily affected in Peel
- Instructions for travellers from outside Canada
- Avoiding illness and resources for workplaces, schools and child care centres
COVID-19 causes respiratory illness that can spread from person-to-person. Symptoms have ranged from mild to severe, and commonly include fever, cough and shortness of breath.
What we’re doing
Peel Public Health is working with the Public Health Agency of Canada, Ministry of Health, Public Health Ontario and other local health providers to monitor the risk and take protective actions as needed.
Regional Council and our Public Health team are working with community partners to mitigate the risks of COVID-19 in our community. Community measures include increased screenings at Pearson Airport and early identification protocols for patients of paramedics and our hospitals.