May 2023 to July 2023 between the hours of 9 p.m. to 5 a.m
What work is taking place?
Construction crews will continue overnight activities within the railway corridor at Port Credit GO Station near Hurontario Street. These activities are expected to continue from May 2023 to July 2023 and will allow for grouting and excavation activities to continue while the underpass structure, also known as the Push Box, is pushed into place with minimal disruption to train movements overhead. Once in place, the underpass will allow for light rail vehicles to enter and exit Port Credit GO Station.
In order to complete the work safely and efficiently, crews will be onsite between the hours of 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. on weeknights when train movements are at a minimum. Some work may also be required on a few nights on the weekends.
We understand that we are building this transformational transit project in a residential area and that overnight work is not ideal. We appreciate your patience and will complete this work as efficiently as possible to get things back to normal for you. We have a dedicated community relations team in place to work with residents and businesses in Peel Region through the construction and operation of this transformational project.
Please note, work may be rescheduled due to weather or unforeseen circumstances. If you require the most up-to-date information, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Continuous overnight work will be scheduled between May 2023 to July 2023. • Overnight work will occur overnight between 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. when train movements are at a minimum. Impacts are dependent upon the specific activities being performed and not every night will be noisy. • Nighttime works may be scheduled during weekend nights. • Work could be rescheduled and delayed due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
• This work is localized in the southeast portion of the Port Credit parking lot, directly adjacent to the railway corridor. • Traffic delays are expected where lane reductions already exist for utility and roadwork activities on Hurontario Street. There are no additional traffic impacts related to this work. • Watch for slow moving vehicles entering and exiting work areas. • Remember to reduce your speed when approaching lane reductions.
WHAT TO EXPECT?
• Every effort will be made to minimize disruptions. • Residents and businesses near the work site can expect to hear noise and vibration caused by trucks, excavators, loaders, tri-axles, backhoes, and other construction equipment related to this work.
• Please take care when travelling near construction areas. • Sidewalk access in the area could be affected. • Watch for additional signs directing pedestrians as detours may be required. • Clear and defined walking paths will be maintained during construction to ensure pedestrian safety.
• Metrolinx has a dedicated community relations team in place to work with residents in Peel region through the construction and operation of this transformational transit project. • 24-hour line 416-202-7500.
Call us: 416-202-7500
Write to us at: email@example.com
Find us on Twitter @HurontarioLRT
Visit the website and sign up for our newsletter: www.metrolinx.com/hurontariolrt