December 3, 2019
Please find below an update on our winter operations related to the event that began Sunday December 1, 2019:
- Based on the accumulations of 10-12 cm received across the City and the snow stopping at 1500 December 2, 2019, our service levels will be as follows:
- Priority Roads, priority sidewalks and bus stops – 0300 December 3, 2019
- Secondary Roads – 1500 December, 3, 2019
- Priority roads have been plowed and salted;
- Priority sidewalks have been completed at least twice with some touch up work continuing this morning;
- Bus stops have been completed at least once however, contractors are being called back in for works that have not been completed as outlined in the contract;
- Windrow program has been making good progress and should be completed this afternoon;
- Secondary plowing and salting has also progressed well and will be finished in advance of our above noted level of service.
Staff will be out today checking all routes to ensure they are safe for our residents. A reminder to our secondary road residents that the plowing may not achieve bare pavement, as per our Council approved service levels.
The forecast shows small amounts of snow for the next few days and then warming temperatures and rain Sunday and Monday. Staff will assess conditions later this week and early next week to see if it will be possible to restart the Vacuum Leaf Collection Program (VLCP).