The United Way Pledge Drive launches September 23, 2021 and will run until October 28, 2021.
- Despite the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic last year, City of Mississauga staff managed to raise over $100,000 for United Way Greater Toronto.
- Those donations will allow United Way to continue to invest $7.5 million in the community each month, and bring together 575 agencies to deliver 1,400 programs and initiatives, in a COVID-safe way, for people across Peel, Toronto and York Region.
- While some of us may feel that the worst of the pandemic is over, many of our friends and neighbours are still feeling its impacts deeply and face job losses, food insecurity, homelessness and more. We reached out to Mississauga’s own Vee Clarke and Avery Cartwright from the City’s Central Library’s Open Window Hub to let you know more – please watch Part 1 of our 4 part video series here or go to our United Way homepage to see all the videos.
- Every donation, no matter how small, will help us achieve this year’s campaign target of $150,000!
How to Make a Pledge
You can make a one-time donation or donate from your paychecks. Click here to get started. If you have any questions about donating, please do not hesitate to reach out.
- New Donors: For new donors, registering is easy and takes no time at all! Attached are step-by-step instructions. Click here to get started.
Early Bird Draw:
Those who donate by Friday October 7th will be entered in an early bird prize draw with a chance to win:
- 4 Tickets to Steelheads game at Paramount Fine Foods Centre (2 games available to win)
- Lakeview Golf Course round for 4 players
- Three Month All-In [city recreation/fitness] Membership (includes therapeutic programs)
Pledge Drive Raffle:
All those who donate as part of the Pledge Drive will have the chance to win:
- Three Month city Fitness Membership
- Three Month All-In [city recreation/fitness] Fitness Membership (includes therapeutic programs)
- Lakeview Golf Course round for 4 or 2 players
- Braeben Golf Course round for 4 or 2 players
- Braeben Golf Course round of Footgolf for 12 players
- Lionhead Golf Course round for 4 players
- Tickets to Raptor’s 905 games for 4 people (4 games available to win)
- Tickets to Steelheads game for 4 people (2 games available to win)
- The number of raffle tickets is based on the total pledge amount as indicated in the table below. For example, if a person pledges $2 per pay for 26 pays, the total pledge amount would be $52.00. Therefore, the person would have 3 tickets entered into the draw.
- Prizes will be drawn for both this years Pledge Drive Raffle and last years Pledge Drive Raffle in early December, 2021.
We thank-you for your support with the campaign, please do not hesitate to get in touch with any further questions.