Canada’s Largest Multicultural Festival, Celebrating it’s 38th Anniversary!
Carassauga’s vision is to organize a city-wide multicultural festival to promote understanding, respect and co-operation among all Canadians of different heritage, celebrating the diversity of Mississauga. Carassauga provides the opportunity for ethnocultural communities to promote and celebrate their culture through entertainment, food, arts and education.
Festival Highlights for 2023
• 25 Countries showcasing their cultural entertainment, food, art and history
• 5 locations throughout Mississauga (in arenas, community centres, and community halls)
• 11 stages with non-stop entertainment including a variety of dance, music, singing, fashion
• Indulge in our Toonie Taste experience. For visitors wishing to enjoy a broader sampling of diverse
ethnic cuisine. Small taster plates will be offered at Pavilions for only a Toonie!
• Learn about each culture through interactive dance lessons, arts and crafts, cooking demos etc.
Saturday, May 27 – 12 pm to midnight
Sunday, May 28 – 12 pm to 7 pm
Participating Cultural Pavilions:
Countries of Africa, Armenia, Canada, China, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Egypt, Greece, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Lebanon, Mexico, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Serbia,
Turkiye, USA – State of Hawaii, and Vietnam.
Carassauga Passports are $15.00.
Children 12 and under are FREE.
A Passport entitles a visitor to:
• Unlimited entry during the Festival weekend to all the Cultural Pavilions.
• Access to live performances, various food vendors and kids’ activities
• FREE Ridership on all MiWay buses and shuttle buses during the Festival hours with a Carassauga pass and FREE parking at all locations
Outdoor Kids Zone
Enjoy fun-filled activities: arts and crafts, games, midway rides and a photo with our mascots, Cara and Missi
Enjoy cultural activities, arts and crafts and more.
Location – PFFC South Parking Lot, outdoor tented area.
2022 Festival Facts
• 188,834 visits recorded
• 1,824 Performers & 74 Artisans showcased
• 2,394 Volunteers involved with the Festival.
Visit carassauga.com for more details and a map of locations.