February 8, 2021
Mayor Bonnie Crombie and Members of Council will virtually celebrate Mississauga’s former long-time Mayor, Hazel McCallion, on Wednesday, February 10 during General Committee, in advance of her 100th birthday on February 14th.
‘Hurricane Hazel’ as she is known throughout the country, served Mississauga and its residents as Mayor from 1978 to 2014.
In addition to this celebration of McCallion’s milestone birthday, the City of Mississauga announced in November that it will officially rename its Central Library to “Hazel McCallion Central Library”.
Celebration of Hazel McCallion’s 100th Birthday and Central Library Renaming
- Virtual ceremony
- Tribute video produced by Mississauga Library
- Virtual remarks from Mayor Bonnie Crombie, Members of Council and Hazel McCallion
- Performance by Roberta Battaglia from America’s Got Talent fame
- Music, dance and testimonial documentary tribute to Hazel McCallion produced by The Mississauga Arts Council (MAC)
- New library signage unveiling
Wednesday, February 10, 2021, starting at 9:30 a.m.
Virtually presented during General Committee
[Click here on the day of the event]
If media would like to receive our Dejero Transmission, please reach out to email@example.com by noon on Tuesday, February 9.