What work is taking place?
Construction crews will be installing a new manhole and storm infrastructure at Park Street and proceed north. This will result in the temporary partial closure of Park Street at Hurontario Street from October 19 to 23, 2023. The work will be continuous throughout this duration. The partial closure will involve a further lane reduction on Hurontario Street where only southbound traffic will be permitted through from Eaglewood Avenue to the Park Street intersection while the storm works are under construction.
During this closure, northbound traffic on Hurontario Street will be restricted at High Street. Two northbound detours are shown on the map. Access to emergency vehicles will be maintained for southbound traffic on Hurontario Street and a paid duty police officer will be present to control traffic at the intersection during construction hours.
Northbound transit service will be impacted for both MiWay and GO Transit. Please see below for detour information and visit www.miway.ca/updates and www.gotransit.com/service-updates for the latest information.
In accordance with City of Mississauga Noise By-Law Exemption requirements, this notice is meant to advise that residents near the work site can expect to hear noise and vibration caused by trucks, excavators, backhoes, and other construction equipment related to this work, so crews will be able to complete this work safely and efficiently.
Please note, work may be rescheduled due to weather or unforeseen circumstances. If you require the most up-to-date information, please reach out to email@example.com.
• Park Street West will be closed from 10 p.m. on October 19 to 10 p.m. on October 23, 2023.
• Work could be rescheduled and delayed due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
• Southbound traffic will be permitted along Hurontario Street through the intersection at Park Street
• Northbound traffic on Hurontario Street will be restricted at High Street, but maintained through two detours:
1) Lakeshore Road, Cawthra Road and QEW
2) Lakeshore Road, Mississauga Road and QEW.
• Access for emergency vehicles travelling southbound on Hurontario Street will be maintained.
• Watch for slow moving vehicles entering and exiting work areas.
• Remember to reduce your speed when approaching work zones.
WHAT TO EXPECT?
• Every effort will be made to minimize disruptions.
• Residents and businesses near the work site can expect to hear noise and vibration caused by trucks, excavators, loaders, triaxles, backhoes, and other construction equipment related to this work.
TRANSIT IMPACT DETAILS
• MiWay Route 2N will detour via Lakeshore Road, Cawthra Road, Atwater Avenue/Mineola Road East. Access to MiWay stops along Atwater Avenue and Mineola Road East will be available using Route 2N.
• MiWay Route 8N and GO Bus Route 21C will detour via Lakeshore Road and Cawthra Road. MiWay Route 8N will resume its normal route at Atwater Avenue
• Visit www.miway.ca/updates and www.gotransit.com/service-updates for updates to any route changes.
• Please take care when travelling near construction areas.
• Watch for additional signs directing pedestrians as detours may be required.
• Clear and defined walking paths will be maintained during construction to ensure pedestrian safety.
• Metrolinx has a dedicated community relations team in place to work with residents in Peel region through the construction and operation of this transformational transit project.
• 24-hour line 416-202-7500.