The Region of Peel Public Works department regularly maintains and repairs the water system to make sure you have a consistent supply of quality drinking water. Sometimes we must turn off your water supply while we do this work.
Your water will be turned off on Wednesday May 10th, 2023, between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. If we need to reschedule this work due to weather or other circumstances, we will let you know the new date and time.
Property owner/manager responsibilities during a water interruption
As a property owner/manager, it is your responsibility to:
• Ensure maintenance, mechanical or plumbing staff are on site during the water interruption, as it may affect internal systems that rely on water such as boilers, fire suppression, and alarms.
• Notify the fire alarm company if the interruption could affect an alarm system.
• Have a fire watch completed during the water interruption, as the building’s sprinkler protection system will not function when the water supply is shut off.
After the water interruption
When we turn the water back on, air in the pipes may make the water cloudy and your plumbing may vibrate or make noise. We recommend removing the air by slowly turning on your taps from the lowest to the highest faucet in the building (that is, starting in the basement/first floor, and finishing on the top floor). You will likely need to run the water for 10 to 30 seconds. Run the water until it is clear, and any vibration or noise has stopped.
After the water is turned back on, we recommend checking the water meter (usually located in the basement). If it is leaking, call Water Meter Installations Dispatch at:
• 905-791-7800, extension 3226 (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. – Monday to Friday)
• 905-791-7800 extension 4409 (after hours or statutory holidays)
Sign up for email notices
Receive timely project updates right to your inbox by signing up for e-notices at peelregion.ca/construction
Keeping you informed
We will let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
Thank you for your patience as we complete this necessary work. This work will allow us to continue providing you with high quality tap water.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Water Linear Engineering Engineering Services Division
Public Works, Region of Peel
Phone: 905-791-7800 ext. 4409