Mississauga is set to experience extreme cold temperatures.
If you need assistance:
- Emergency Assistance: 9-1-1
- More information on how to stay warm: 3-1-1
Services are available to support at-risk individuals and the homeless in Mississauga, including free hot meals and shower access, and the Region of Peel Street Helpline. Visit mississauga.ca/homelessness for more information.
Tips for cold weather:
- Plan ahead by checking the weather forecast before heading out.
- Dress in layers to suit the weather conditions and cover up as much exposed skin as possible.
- Stay dry and limit your time outdoors as much as possible.
- Reschedule or plan outdoor activities for another day.
- Drink warm fluids but avoid caffeinated and alcoholic beverages.
- Call vulnerable friends, neighbours and family to ensure they are not experiencing any difficulties related to the weather.
- Do not forget your pets! Bring any pets indoors without adequate shelter.