Several times a year Metrolinx reviews and adjusts schedules network-wide to ensure GO Transit and UP Express services align with customer needs, while allocating resources to where they are needed most.
In response to ridership needs, starting September 2, 2023, two new weekday early morning eastbound trips on Route 21 will operate between Milton and Union Station Bus Terminal, with arrivals at Union set for 6:00 am and 6:30 am. This is in addition to an existing trip that arrives at 5:20 am.
Also starting September 2, GO Transit will extend all GO Bus Route 27 trips to originate/terminate at Milton GO instead of Meadowvale GO. This enhancement offers Milton customers two-way off-peak and weekend GO Bus service between Milton and both sides of TTC’s Line 1 at Yorkdale and Finch stations. Additionally, this enables off-peak and weekend travel between Milton and Meadowvale.
In response to low ridership on GO Bus Route 21, service frequency on this route will be adjusted, starting September 2, 2023, as follows:
- The number of daily trips between Milton and Finch Station will increase from 18 trips/day to 50 trips/day.
- On weekdays, most 21A trips between Oakville and Milton will now run hourly instead of every 30 minutes.
- On weekday evenings, 21B trips between Clarkson and Lisgar GO will run hourly instead of every 30 minutes. On weekends, service will also run hourly instead of every 30 minutes.
- Most 21C trips between Port Credit and Erindale GO on weekdays and weekends will run hourly instead of every 30 minutes.
- New weekend service offering, 36 trips/weekend day will operate between Milton and Finch Station – hourly two-way service.
Any changes to schedules that require riders to make alternate arrangements are made with special consideration, and we appreciate that recent changes to Bus Route21 have been frustrating for some commuters in your city/community/riding.
Customers are encouraged to visit Triplinx.ca to plan their trip and understand their travel options.