Starting today until August 21, nominations for the City of Mississauga’s Civic Recognition program will be accepted.
Exceptional individuals, community groups and businesses whose contributions help make Mississauga a great place to live, work and play are eligible for nomination in one of four categories as part of the 2023 Civic Awards of Recognition program.
Achievements are recognized in the following categories:
- Voluntary Community Service: individuals or groups that have improved the quality of life in Mississauga through volunteer efforts.
- Youth Community and Civic Engagement: youth between ages 14 and 24 who have contributed more than 140 volunteer hours to community or civic activities.
- Achievement in Sports: athletes or teams that have won championships at a city-wide, regional, provincial, national or international level.
- Achievement in Arts: artists or arts groups that have won competitions, juried shows or exhibitions. Outstanding accomplishments in academic fields may also be recognized.
If you know someone deserving of an award, the steps to recognizing eligible residents include:
- Visit mississauga.ca/civicrecognition.
- Review the award criteria.
- Fill out the online nomination form. You can also download the form and submit it by email to email@example.com. Please note that only completed nomination forms will be evaluated.
The City will consider the first 100 nominees and review nominations on a first come, first served basis.
Nominees who qualify will be invited to receive their award during an evening ceremony at Mississauga City Hall on September 26, 2023.
For more information, visit mississauga.ca/civicrecognition.