Information as of March, 2019
Enbridge Gas Distribution Line Relocation Hurontario Street and Oriole Ave
Beginning April 2019
What is the Hurontario Light Rail Transit Project?
The Hurontario LRT will be a light rail service connecting people from the Port Credit GO station to the Brampton Gateway Terminal. The Hurontario LRT will connect with the Port Credit and Cooksville GO stations, Mississauga Transitway, MiWay and Züm transit lines.
What work is taking place?
To accommodate the construction of the Hurontario LRT, Enbridge is required to install a new gas line on Hurontario Street at Eaglewood Boulevard and on Oriole Avenue.
These pipelines are integral to Enbridge’s gas system and must be re-routed to ensure the safe and reliable delivery of natural gas to customers in the Greater Toronto Area.
• Work is scheduled to start in April 2019 and will last for approximately two months.
• Work will occur between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.,
Monday to Friday.
• Work could be rescheduled and delayed due to weather conditions or any unforeseen circumstances.
What to Expect
• Every effort will be made to minimize disruptions.
• Access to properties will be maintained at all times through at least one driveway.
• Residents and businesses near the work site can expect to hear noise caused by trucks, excavators, backhoes, and other construction equipment related to this work.
Note: at no time will all lanes be closed.
For information regarding the Hurontario LRT project and construction updates, follow us on Twitter @HurontarioLRT,
or contact us at the Metrolinx Hurontario LRT project office at 416-202-7500 or email: email@example.com.
• During construction hours, lane reductions will be required on Hurontario Street at Eaglewood Boulevard and on Oriole Avenue.
• At a minimum, one north and southbound lane will be maintained at all times.
• Traffic delays are expected.
• There will be no impact to property access.
• Due to lane reductions along Hurontario Street at Eaglewood Boulevard, delays can be expected on MiWay Routes 8, 19, 103.
• Please take care when travelling near construction areas. Watch for additional signs directing pedestrians as detours may be required.
• Sidewalk access in the area could be affected. Please watch for signage directing pedestrian traffic.
• Please ensure any personal belongings, such as signs, benches and underground sprinklers on city owned land have been relocated prior to the beginning of construction.
• For details on your property boundaries, please refer to your land survey, or consult an Ontario Land Surveyor.
Want the latest construction notices delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up for the HuLRT newsletter at metrolinx.com/hurontariolrt.
For more information about the gas line relocation, please contact Enbridge at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Hurontario LRT Community Relations staff by email email@example.com or phone 416-202-7500.
Thank you for your patience as we work to build this new project.
Please support your local businesses during construction. -30-