MiWay will be implementing the following service changes on Monday, June 28, 2021:
Adding More Service on Corridors where Demand has Increased
- Route 42 – Derry will provide more Saturday service.
- Route 51 – Tomken will provide more early morning service on weekdays.
- Route 61 – Mavis will provide more late evening service on weekdays.
Service Frequency Reductions to Match Customer Demand
- Schedules will be adjusted on the routes below; these routes will continue to be monitored for changes in customer demand:
- Weekday: Routes 3-Bloor, 8-Cawthra, 13-Glen Erin, 20-Rathburn, 26-Burnhamthorpe, 28-Confederation, 42A-Derry (midday only) and 48-Erin Mills.
- Saturday: Route 3-Bloor, 26-Burnhamthorpe, 46-Tenth Line-Osprey and 109-Meadowvale Express.
- Sunday: Route 109-Meadowvale Express.
MiWay will monitor these routes so that service levels can be adjusted as needed in the fall.
Service Changes due to Road Construction
- Bus stop locations at the City Centre Transit Terminal will change due to upcoming construction on Rathburn Road for the Hurontario Light Rail Transit (LRT) project.
- Route 44 – Mississauga Road will return to its original routing because the construction on Mississauga Road, between Burnhamthorpe Road and Eglinton Avenue, is complete.
Seasonal Service Changes
- Summer school routes will not operate this year due to summer school closures and online learning. Regular school service routes will continue to be suspended.
- On Canada Day (Thursday, July 1, 2021), buses will operate on a holiday schedule and some routes will not operate due to low customer demand. (Complete list at link provided below).