The following non-emergency services are closed on Monday, October 2 and will reopen on Tuesday, October 3, 2023:
- Access Peel counters (by appointment only)
- Dental Services Contact Centre
- Early Years and Child Care Services
- Family Health Call Centre
- Healthy Sexuality Clinics
- Harm Reduction Program – Mobile Van
- Ontario Works in Peel
- Peel Living Office
- Housing Services, Client Services
There are no Peel Public Health COVID-19 vaccination clinics open on Monday, October 2.
Peel Works Harm Reduction Services
The Needle Exchange Program and Harm Reduction Mobile Van will be closed Monday, October 2, and will reopen on Tuesday, October 3.
Early Years and Child Care Services
Child Care Subsidy will be closed on Monday, October 2, and will reopen on Tuesday, October 3.
Ontario Works in Peel
Ontario Works will be closed on Monday, October 2, and will reopen on Tuesday, October 3.
Emergency shelter, food, or personal support
For urgent homelessness supports, including food, supplies, referrals, and shelter, call the Street Helpline 24/7 at 1-877-848-8481. For information on emergency shelter, visit the emergency shelter web page or call 905-450-1996.
Peel Living maintenance requests
For Peel Living maintenance requests, contact the 24-hour request line at 905-790-7335.
To travel on Monday, October 2 and Tuesday, October 3, you must call 905-791-1015 and book by 7 p.m. on Sunday, October 1.
On Monday, October 2 (National Day for Truth and Reconciliation):
- Call us at 905-791-1015 if you need to cancel your trip.
- Flexible (same day) trips will not be provided.
- All subscription trips will be cancelled, with the exception of dialysis trips.
- TransHelp will operate from 6 a.m. to 1 a.m.
- The TransHelp office will be closed and unable to process applications, payments, or feedback.
We offer bookings up to 7 days in advance. Consider booking your next trip early to ensure your holiday travel. Email email@example.com or call 905-791-1015 with any questions.
Visit Mississauga Transit for holiday schedules.
Waste collection Brampton, Mississauga, Caledon
There will be no change to your waste collection schedule due to the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation.
All Community Recycling Centres are closed on Saturday, September 30 and will reopen on Sunday October 1, with the exception of Caledon CRC (reopening on Monday, October 2) and Bolton CRC (reopening on Tuesday, October 3).
Check your collection calendar to find your pickup day or sign up to receive free waste collection reminders.
Peel Art Gallery, Museum and Archives (PAMA)
If you are looking for a way to honour National Day for Truth and Reconciliation on September 30, consider visiting PAMA with free admission and experience the Generations Lost: Healing the Legacy of Residential Schools exhibition.