Celebrate National Indigenous Peoples Day at Celebration Square on Wednesday, June 21, 2023 from noon to 9:30 pm.
Start the day at the Miichi Sagiig Anishinaabe United Pow Wow, hosted in collaboration with the Mississauga Nation. From noon to 5pm, everyone is welcome to join and enjoy traditional Indigenous songs and dance!
In the evening, explore Indigenous art, music and entertainment at the Celebration & Concert, presented in collaboration with Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation. Watch some of the biggest artists from across Turtle Island take the stage, including folk-pop powerhouse DeeDee Austin, hip hop sensation MR. SAUGA, and the Godfather of Pow Wow Step, DJ Shub!
- Noon to 4:00 pm: Miichi Sagiig Anishinaabe United Pow Wow
- 6:00 pm: Lisa Odjig, World Champion Hoop Dancer
- 6:15 pm: Classic Roots, electronica and Pow Wow techno DJ
- 6:40 pm: Official Ceremony, featuring Manitou Mkwa Singers
- 7:15 pm: DeeDee Austin, award-winning pop singer/songwriter
- 8:00 pm: MR. SAUGA, hip hop artist/producer
- 8:30 pm: DJ Shub presents War Club Live, 2022 JUNO Award Winner for Contemporary Indigenous Artist of the Year
National Indigenous Peoples Day at Celebration Square has exciting activities for the entire family!
- Paint with the Moccasin Identifier Project and learn more about Indigenous heritage and historical moccasin designs, available 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm
- Stop by the crayon colouring corner and learn more about Indigenous languages spoken across Turtle island, featuring fun artwork created by Indigenous artists, available 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm
- Make a splash in the fountain, open 10:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Grab a bite from one of the food trucks, open noon to 10:00 pm