June 3, 2021
The Region of Peel is revising its Section 22 Order for workplace closures.
Updates to the Section 22 Order, which was issued under the Ontario Health Protection and Promotion Act (HPPA), include:
- Explicit addition of eye protection as part of personal protective equipment requirements where physical distancing cannot be maintained at all times.
- Revised isolation and testing requirements for asymptomatic workers to state that public health will provide specific direction during investigations.
- The sections related to automatic workplace closures will no longer apply as of 12:01AM on the day that the province enters Step One of the Roadmap to Reopen.
This Order is part of measures put in place in Peel to try to limit spread of COVID-19. It applies across Peel, in the cities of Brampton and Mississauga, and the Town of Caledon.
The Order has been issued pursuant to section 22 (5.01) of the Health Protection and Promotion Act, RSO 1990, c H.7. For more information, read the COVID-19 class order fact sheet.
Quick Facts/Additional Resources
- Peel has had more than 550 workplace outbreaks since March 1, 2020.
- Workplace outbreaks by sector are updated daily on Peel’s COVID-19 data dashboard. Select the Workplace tab.