Starting Monday, Oct. 23, there will be MiWay service changes that include service improvements and reductions based on customer demand, and updated schedules on several routes to improve service reliability based on increased traffic volumes.
MiWay ridership is at an all-time high and this growth continues to put pressure on the transit network capacity. MiWay continues to adjust routes and service frequencies to ensure that services remain responsive to evolving customer demand based on the resources available.
Saturday service resumes on Route 101 Dundas Express
To provide additional service capacity along the Dundas corridor, the Route 101 Dundas Express will resume Saturday service and operate every 21 minutes throughout the day. This increase in service is due to consistently high customer demand on Route 1 Dundas on weekends.
Service improvements due to increasing customer demand
The routes below will provide more frequent service based on ridership growth:
- 4 Sherway Gardens: will operate every 34 minutes on weekdays from 2 pm to 6 pm.
- 22 Finch: will operate every 22 minutes on Saturdays from 12 pm to 7 pm.
- 66 McLaughlin: will operate every 21 minutes on Saturdays from 11 am to 10 pm. On Sundays, it will operate every 20 minutes from 10 am to 8 pm.
- 107 Malton Express: will operate every 13 minutes on weekdays from 2 pm to 7 pm.
Service reductions due to low customer demand
MiWay is reducing service on the routes below due to low ridership and reinvesting the savings back into busier routes to address overcrowding and reliability issues for customers.
- 4 Sherway Gardens: will operate every 59 minutes on weekdays after 6 pm.
- 20 Rathburn: will operate every 45 minutes on weekdays from 7 pm to 10 pm. On Saturdays, it will operate every 35 minutes before 10 am and after 7 pm.
- 23 Lakeshore: will operate every 27 minutes on weekdays from 7 pm to 10 pm.
- 25 Traders Loop: this route will operate on weekdays from 6 am to 6 pm.
- 39 Britannia: will operate every 32 minutes on weekdays from 10 am to 1:30 pm.
Schedules will be updated on various routes to improve service reliability (a complete list of routes will be available on miway.ca).
Learn more about these service changes and the MiWay 5 service plan benefits at miway.ca.