Thursday August 11 to Monday August 22, 2022, 24-hour continuous work
What work is taking place?
Construction crews will be installing utilities along Hurontario Street that will also need to cross Mineola Road. This will result in a temporary closure of a portion Mineola Road West.
In accordance with City of Mississauga Noise By-Law Exemption requirements, this notice is meant to advise that residents near the work site can expect to hear noise and vibration caused by trucks, excavators, backhoes, and other construction equipment related to this work. Some of this work will be done overnight and, on the weekend, so crews will be able to complete this work safely and efficiently.
Update: Due to unforeseen circumstances and thunderstorms advisories, the Mineola Road West closure has now scheduled to continue until August 22. Works are scheduled to take place 24 hours a day until 12:00 p.m. on August 22. This is to be followed by a closure of the Mineola Road East scheduled from August 23-30 in order to minimize impacts ahead of the start of school. Due to nature of the work that requires a large open excavation, access for emergency vehicles will not be maintained during this closure.
During this closure, motorists can access Mineola Road West from Hurontario Street using the detour map provided. Please note, work may be rescheduled due to weather or unforeseen circumstances. If you require the most up-to-date information, please reach out to email@example.com.
• Mineola Road West will be closed from: o August 11 to 12:00 p.m. August 22, 2022, for 24-hour continuous work.
• Work could be rescheduled and delayed due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
• Access to Mineola Road West will be maintained through a detour from Hurontario Street, Indian Valley Trail, and Glenburnie Road.
• Watch for slow moving vehicles entering and exiting work areas.
• Remember to reduce your speed when approaching work zones.
WHAT TO EXPECT?
• Every effort will be made to minimize disruptions.
• Residents and businesses near the work site can expect to hear noise and vibration caused by trucks, excavators, loaders, triaxles, backhoes, and other construction equipment related to this work.
• MiWay near the intersection will continue to operate with regular service.
• Visit www.miway.ca/updates for updates.
• Watch for additional signs directing passengers at bus stop as boarding areas may be relocated.
• Please take care when travelling near construction areas.
• Watch for additional signs directing pedestrians as detours may be required.
• Clear and defined walking paths will be maintained during construction to ensure pedestrian safety
• Metrolinx has a dedicated community relations team in place to work with residents in Peel region through the construction and operation of this transformational transit project.
• 24-hour line 416-202-7500.