Thanksgiving is a great time to gather with family and friends over a meal. While case counts are starting to decline in the city of Mississauga, COVID-19 public health measures are still in effect to keep you safe. If you are hosting or attending a Thanksgiving gathering, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
• Check in with each guest to ensure they are feeling well on the event day. If you have COVID-19 symptoms, or anyone in your home is unwell, cancel or postpone to a later date.
• Make it a small event, and outdoors if possible.
• On the day of your event, open windows to increase ventilation indoors and provide all the necessary supplies such as hand sanitizer, soap and water.
• If gathering indoors with a group of fully vaccinated individuals, you may consider removing masks if everyone is comfortable.
• Continue to follow public health measures like masking and distancing if people attending are unvaccinated or partially vaccinated.
• Avoid potlucks, buffets and passing food from person to person
• If one of your guests has symptoms or becomes positive after your gathering, be prepared to provide contact information for all your guests to public health.
For more information on the Government of Ontario’s regulations, visit ontario.ca/page/celebrate-safely-during-covid-19