May 26, 2021
June is Seniors Month and the Peel Art Gallery, Museum and Archives (PAMA) is challenging you to support an isolated senior in Peel by sponsoring a gift of a creative care package.
PAMA has joined the Great Canadian Giving Challenge organized through Canada Helps to raise funds to support local isolated seniors in Peel. Every $1 donated in June is a chance for PAMA to win $20,000 which would go toward building even more robust seniors programming.
The Challenge is a great way to support our most vulnerable community members affected by COVID-19. We recognize how hard it must be for these individuals during this past year to be confined to their homes, unable to visit with loved ones with the fear of getting ill. We wanted to do something special for them and we are asking for your help to raise the funds. PAMA has partnered with Meals on Wheels Brampton and Caledon and Seva Food Bank in Mississauga to deliver creative care packages and provide excitement, entertainment and to show seniors in our community that they matter.
“It’s been a rough year for seniors because of the pandemic. They not only have been asked to isolate themselves from friends and family but have had to stop attending some of the programs they loved so much. These care kits provided by PAMA will go a long way to not only provide some interesting and enriching activities while at home, but also help lift their spirits because they know there are people out there thinking of them!” Christine Sevigny, Executive Director at Meals on Wheels Caledon.
Creative Care Packages will include:
- An activity booklet with creative opportunities and challenges, stories about the PAMA collections, crosswords and more
- Art supplies for the activities: sketchbook, pencil crayons, a watercolour set with brush and special watercolour paper
- PAMA tote bag, notebook, pencil, pen and some lovely blank notecards
- Tea courtesy of AMICA Senior Lifestyles
- A lavender essential oil and travel diffuser from The Scented Lair in downtown Brampton
And a few more surprises!
We challenge the community to sponsor a gift of a creative care package for $30: