MiWay will be implementing service changes on October 4 – ahead of the planned service changes on October 25 – to ensure that our on-street service continues to adapt and respond to customer needs and evolving travel patterns.
As students returned to in-person learning and traffic volumes increased in September, MiWay remains committed to monitoring ridership levels across the transit network.
The following service changes will launch on Monday, October 4, 2021:
- Adding more service where demand has increased
Trips have been added on the following routes in response to growing demand on routes serving Mississauga secondary schools:
- 2 Hurontario (serving Port Credit Secondary School)
- 3 Bloor (serving Applewood Heights Secondary School)
- 8 Cawthra (serving Cawthra Park Secondary School)
- 13 Glen Erin (serving St. Aloysius Gonzaga and John Fraser Secondary School)
- 23 Lakeshore (additional connecting trip servicing Port Credit Secondary School)
- 26 Burnhamthorpe (serving Glenforest Secondary School)
- 29 Park Royal-Homelands (serving Clarkson Secondary School)
- 36 Colonial Ridgeway (serving Loyola Secondary School)
- 39 Britannia (additional connecting trip)
- 61 Mavis (serving St. Marcellinus Secondary School)
- More passenger carrying capacity on busy corridors
Due to an increase in customer demand, larger articulated buses will be used to provide some trips on these routes to reduce potential overcrowding: More information about these service changes is available at www.miway.ca/oct4.