January 17, 2023
The Region of Peel’s next garbage exemption period will take place from January 23 to February 3, 2023.
During a garbage exemption period:
- There is no maximum amount of acceptable garbage you can put on the curb.
- Garbage bag tags are not required.
- Extra garbage is collected only on your garbage collection day, not on your recycling collection day.
To find your garbage exemption day:
- Check your collection calendar.
- Sign up to receive free weekly collection reminders by email, text message, or phone call.
In order to be picked up, an extra garbage bag cannot:
- Weigh more than 20 kg (44 lbs).
- Be larger than 66 cm (26 in) wide and 90 cm (35 in) high.
- Be smaller than 30 cm (12 in) wide and 30 cm (12 in) high.
About Peel Region
Peel Region works with residents and partners to create a healthy, safe, and connected Community for Life for approximately 1.5 million people and over 175,000 businesses in Brampton, Mississauga and Caledon. Peel’s services touch the lives of residents every day. For more information explore peelregion.ca and follow us on Twitter @regionofpeel and Instagram @peelregion.ca.