June 4, 2021
WATERMAIN REPLACEMENT ON SUNNYCOVE DRIVE, TARN ROAD, AND NERIS COURT
CITY OF MISSISSAUGA
What are we doing?
• Reinstating the roadway, sod, driveways, and curb following the replacement of the watermain and services along Valentine Gardens.
• To complete restoration following upgrade of the water distribution system.
• We expect to start work on or about June 7, 2021
• The project should be completed before November 30, 2021
Traffic and Parking Control
• We may need to reduce traffic to a single lane during construction.
• If we have to reroute traffic, we will place signs giving directions.
• Due to construction activities, we may need to block your driveway for a short time. We will contact you before we do this to arrange for the best time and for alternate access, if needed.
• We will make sure businesses have access at all times.
• Please call the Project Manager if you have special needs related to access or business hours.
Repairing Your Irrigation System
• If we have cut or damaged your irrigation system, our contractor will arrange to have it repaired as soon as possible.
• If you wish to have your contractor of choice repair it, please inform the inspector or project manager, and we will reimburse you upon submitting a valid invoice. Please arrange to have your irrigation system repaired as soon as possible, before our contractor replaces your sod in two weeks from now, to avoid damaging the new sod.
Replacing and Taking Care of Your Sod
• The contractor will take care of any sod we replace for 30 days.
• You can help the sod to stay healthy by watering it for one hour in the early morning, two or three times a week. This is especially important in hot or dry weather.
• We will replace your sod as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
• It is very common for the work area to settle a bit following construction. If you notice any settlement, please let the project manager or inspector know and we will ensure the contractor fixes it.
Repairing Your Driveway
• If we have cut your driveway, we will repair the asphalt or granular in the disturbed area from edge to edge across the driveway. Unfortunately the Region cannot completely replace your driveway.
• We will repair your driveway as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
• The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
• We will try to disturb you as little as possible.
• Please call the project manager or inspector if you have any problems or special needs.