The Ministry of Transportation, in partnership with Infrastructure Ontario, achieved the Financial Close stage with the private consortium (“EDCO”) selected to design and construct the QEW Credit River Improvement Project on December 15, 2020. EDCO has released a notice that the Design and Construction Report (DCR) #2 for the Project has been prepared and will be available for a 30-day public review period between January 4 and February 3, 2021, in accordance with the approved planning process for a Group ‘B’ project under the MTO Class EA.
A DCR Report documents the development of the Project from the preliminary design stage to the detailed design / implementation stage and includes the following:
- Detailed design plans for the Project;
- Description of the environmental concerns that were identified for the detailed design plans;
- Proposed environmental and engineering mitigation and protection measures that have been developed and considered to address environmental concerns, and
- Summary of public and agency consultation completed to date.
DCR #2 documents the design and construction process focusing on the design works being initiated in Spring 2021, including:
- Site preparations such as construction of site access, vegetation removal, and installation of environmental protection measures;
- Road and utility works on the QEW, Mississauga Road and Premium Way; and
- Construction of the new QEW Credit River bridge.
DCR #2 is available on the project website https://qewcreditriver.ca/current-ea-reports/ for a 30-day stakeholder review and comment period beginning January 4, 2021 and ending on February 3, 2021. Staff is currently reviewing the document and will be providing comments and feedback as necessary.
As this is a Group B project it is not eligible for a Part II Order (“bump-up”) request. Upon completion of the DCR review period, the project will be considered to have met the requirements of the Class EA and may proceed with construction of the work elements described in DCR #2.