Rogers Communications Inc. today announced the launch of a new program to make 5G wireless services more accessible to eligible low-income Canadians. The new Connected for Success 5G Mobile Plan with a no-cost 5G smartphone gives over 2.5 million Canadians a more affordable way to connect to 5G wireless services.
Today’s announcement builds on Rogers commitment to bring affordable 5G services to all Canadians. In May, the company reduced the price per gigabyte of data on its most popular 5G plan by 50% and lowered its 5G entry price by 35% to $55 when bundled with residential services. It also provided all Rogers 4G wireless customers with access to the 5G network at no extra charge.
The new $25 5G plan offers 3GB of 5G data with no overage charges and a no-cost Samsung Galaxy A14 or Motorola G 5G with financing when you keep your phone for a 24-month term. Eligible recipients include:
- People who receive provincial income support or disability benefits
- Seniors receiving the federal Guaranteed Income Supplement
- Rent-geared-to-income tenants of a non-profit housing partner organization
- Recipients of the federal Resettlement Assistance Program (RAP)
- Families receiving the Maximum Canada Child Benefit through Connecting Families
For more information about Connected for Success high-speed, low-cost Ignite Internet, TV bundles and 5G Mobile services, including eligibility criteria or how to apply, please visit connectedforsuccess.ca.