January 11, 2022
Residents in the cities of Brampton, Mississauga and the Town of Caledon are advised of waste service changes in response to a reduction in essential front-line workers due to current COVID-19 cases, while maintaining this critical Regional service for the long term.
The following changes reflect the current situation. Waste management will regularly monitor the situation and advise on changes, if necessary.
Bulky item collection:
- As of Monday, Jan. 17, bulky item collection will be suspended until further notice.
- Residents are advised to hold on to all oversized items during this time.
Winter 2022 garbage exemption period:
- As a reminder, residents are advised that the winter garbage exemption period (originally scheduled from January 24 to February 4) is suspended.
Christmas tree collection:
- Residents may experience delays with the pickup of natural Christmas trees at curbside.
- Residents are advised to continue to leave their Christmas trees at the curb for collection (even on the weekend).
- Residents can also take their Christmas trees to any Peel Community Recycling Centre (CRC). Trees taller than 3 m. (10 ft.) must be cut in half to be accepted. There will be no drop-off fees at the CRCs for Christmas trees dropped off during the collection period of January 10 – 21.
Residents can also take their excess garbage and bulky items to a CRC where disposal fees will apply. Check peelregion.ca/waste for locations and hours of operation. Please note that the CRCs only accept credit/debit payment. Cash payments are not accepted.
ABOUT THE REGION OF PEEL
The Region of Peel works with residents and partners to create a healthy, safe and connected Community for Life for approximately 1.5 million people and over 175,000 businesses in the cities of Brampton and Mississauga and the Town of Caledon. Peel’s services touch the lives of residents every day. For more information about the Region of Peel, explore peelregion.ca and follow us on Twitter @regionofpeel and Instagram @peelregion.ca.