January 31, 2022
Residents in the cities of Brampton, Mississauga and the Town of Caledon are advised of continuing waste service changes in response to the current COVID-19 pandemic.
Allowance of 2 excess garbage bags:
Starting Feb.7 to Mar. 4, every household can place up to two extra garbage bags at the curb on their garbage collection day, without requiring bag tags. Residents who have purchased bag tags are advised to hold on to them until March 4.
Tips for excess garbage placement and collection
- Excess garbage must be placed at the curb in black plastic bags only, not in containers.
- Additional bags beyond the 2-bag limit will not be collected.
- Put your extra garbage out on your garbage collection day. Collectors will not pick up garbage from the curb on recycling collection days.
- Place your excess garbage next to your garbage cart. Leave 1 m (3 ft.) of space between the excess garbage and the cart.
- A garbage bag placed at the curb for collection cannot:
- Weigh more than 20 kg (44 lbs).
- Be larger than 66 cm (26 in) wide and 90 cm (35 in) high.
- Be smaller than 30 cm (12 in) wide and 30 cm (12 in) high.
- Collectors might collect your cart and excess garbage at different times during the day.
- Leave your garbage cart and excess garbage at the curb until 8 p.m. If neither are collected by 8 p.m., report a missed collection.
Bulky item collection is suspended:
- Bulky items will not be collected until further notice.
- Bulky items are accepted at Community Recycling Centres. Disposal fees apply.
Waste management will continue to regularly monitor the situation and advise on changes, if necessary. For more information, please visit peelregion.ca/waste.
ABOUT THE REGION OF PEEL
The Region of Peel works with residents and partners to create a healthy, safe and connected Community for Life for approximately 1.5 million people and over 175,000 businesses in the cities of Brampton and Mississauga and the Town of Caledon. Peel’s services touch the lives of residents every day. For more information about the Region of Peel, explore peelregion.ca and follow us on Twitter @regionofpeel and Instagram @peelregion.ca.