Monday, June 13th, 2022, to Friday, December 23rd, 2022
What work is taking place?
Construction crews will be working on the installation of new watermain, storm, sanitary, sidewalk, electrical, tunneling removal, grading, and paving along South Service Road at Haig Blvd from June 13th, 2022, to Dec 23rd, 2022. Please note the work will be extended into 2024.
This work requires temporary closure of Haig Blvd at North Service Road. Please look for advisory signs announcing closures and detours on the roadway.
Emergency access will always be maintained.
- Construction will be from June 13, 2022, to Dec 23, 2022
- The work hours are 7:00 am to 7:00 pm daily.
- Work could be rescheduled and delayed due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
- In the unlikely scenario where the work requires an extended closure, the entrance will be temporarily re-opened after work hours.
- Access to the property will be maintained through a detour via Applewood Road and Brooks Drive.
- Watch for slow moving vehicles entering and exiting work areas.
- Remember to reduce your speed when approaching lane reductions.
WHAT TO EXPECT?
- Every effort will be made to minimize disruptions.
- Residents and businesses near the work site can expect to hear noise and vibration caused by trucks, excavators, backhoes, and other construction equipment related to this work.
- MiWay will continue to operate with regular service.
- Watch for additional signs directing passengers at bus stops as boarding areas may be relocated.
- A temporary pedestrian pathway will be provided to access the boarding areas.
- Visit miway.ca/updates for updates on your bus route.
- Please take care when travelling near construction areas.
- Sidewalk access in the area could be affected.
- Watch for additional signs directing pedestrians as detours may be required.
- Clear and defined walking paths will be maintained during construction to ensure pedestrian safety.
- Please ensure any personal belongings, such as signs, benches and underground sprinklers on city owned land have been relocated prior to the beginning of construction.
- For details on your property boundaries, please refer to your land survey, or consult an Ontario Land Surveyor.
- Email us at QEW-Dixie@amico.build
- Call us at 1-888-777-8958