This project at Carmen Corbasson community centre will include:
- An aquatic centre (6 lane, 25 meter lap pool and therapeutic tank) with spectacular views of the woodlot
- An equipment based fitness centre on the 2ndfloor
- New multi-purpose space on the ground level
- Enhancements to existing multi-purpose spaces to improve social and recreation opportunities for the community
- Renovations to areas of the indoor arena
- Facility design modernization and improved accessibility within the building
- The removal of the internal bus loop and introduction of the new bus shelter and stop on Cawthra Road will ensure increased pedestrian safety on the site, which will have covered walkways
- Collaboration between City departments continues to take place to ensure the City’s Green Building Standards are integrated into the development.
- The Seniors’ Centre will remain open throughout construction
- The Cawthra Secondary School Pool will remain open during construction and close once the community centre re-opens
- The design portion of the project is on schedule, with preliminary construction to start mid 2022 and re-opening targeted for mid 2024.
- The Site Plan application has been circulated to the City’s Planning and Building department and external agencies for review;
- The project team is preparing to present to the City’s FADS and CPTED subcommittees to ensure the design is optimized to achieve these important City targets;
- Public information sessions occurred earlier this summer with members of the Mississauga Seniors Centre and local community. Excellent feedback was received on the proposed redevelopment plans from these sessions, as well as from the resident survey that was available online.
- More information can be found on the project website Carmen Corbasson Community Centre renovation – City of Mississauga
- Any questions on the project can be directed to email@example.com