October 11, 2019
Yesterday, Councillor Stephen Dasko hosted the Inaugural Ward 1 Awards of Excellence at the Mississauga Seniors’ Centre in Mississauga.
There were 15 broad categories who received outstanding support of nominees from across the Ward 1 community. Categories such as Entrepreneur of the Year, Environmental Stewardship, Diversity and Inclusion, Volunteer of the Year and Citizen of the Year were recognized.
Residents, business leaders, community organizations were all welcomed upon their arrival to enjoy a casual reception. As Councillor Dasko thanked everyone for attending he said “I am so delighted to see the response, the enthusiasm of so many residents who submitted nominations. The number of entries for each category was plentiful,” said Councillor Dasko.
There was an overwhelming attendance on hand to recognize excellence across the Ward. All those that participated truly helped contribute to making Our Community as Our Home at this prominent event.
AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE – Ward 1, October 10, 2019
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Sophie Allard
- Established Artist of the Year: Sue Archibald
- New Business of the Year: Stonehooker Brewery
- Best Pizza Shop of the Year: Amadio’s
- Best Casual Dining of the Year: Port Credit Social House
- Restaurant Neighbour: Maggie’s Diner
- Restaurant of the Year: The Brogue Inn
- Ward 1 Leadership – Adult: Beatrice Moreira-Laidlow
- Ward 1 Leadership – Senior: Janis Alton
- Environmental Stewardship – Adult: Cindy Wilding
- Diversity and Inclusion: Jo-Anne Beggs
- Volunteer of the Year – Adult: Annette Seip
- Volunteer of the Year – Senior: Sandy Smale
- Business of the Year: Sawmill Sid Inc.
- Citizen of the Year: Luanne Bandiera