MISSISSAUGA ROAD (KANE RD/WESLEY AVE)
LAKESHORE WEST RAIL CROSSING
OVERHEAD TO UNDERGROUND CONVERSION
- Work is scheduled to begin in early March 2021.
- All Alectra Overhead conductors crossing the railway at Mississauga Rd to be installed under the rail from Kane Rd and Wesley Ave, and existing overhead conductors to be removed.
- New concrete poles and wood poles to be replacing existing poles, where required.
CARE IS TAKEN TO MINIMIZE THE EFFECTS OF THIS PROJECT ON OUR CUSTOMERS
- Customers will be notified 2-3 days prior to a planned power outage, and experience an estimated 4-6 hour interruption.
- Utility locates (coloured paint on the ground) showing existing utility cable and pipe location, must be done before excavation begins, including utilities on private property (hydro & gas).
- Excavations will be back-filled or suitably covered daily.
- Trenching is required along the city boulevard and roadway to install new cables, resulting in the need to excavate some driveway aprons.
- Driveways and sidewalks will be temporarily repaired with crushed stone or cold mix asphalt, and then properly resurfaced with hot asphalt/concrete. If you plan to have your driveway resurfaced during the course of this project, please contact us to coordinate the work.
- All areas with existing grass will be restored with new sod at the end of the project.
- Major work and cleanup will be done on a street-by-street basis.
- Sections of the project area will need to be kept free of activity to the greatest extent possible.
- We will ensure our contractor minimizes congestion on your street during construction.
- Please contact us if you have any special needs to be taken into consideration (905)798-2910 or (416)938-6793
- All utilities with overhead wires crossing the railway are required to convert to an underground crossing.
- Alectra will be using the Jack & Boring method to tunnel under the railway
- Total project will have a duration of approximately 14 weeks
- Minor impact to traffic crossing the railway during daytime construction hours