Earlier this week, the Government of Ontario announced that province will enter Step One of the Roadmap to Reopen on Friday, June 11 at 12:01 a.m.
“This is fantastic news. I’m excited to work with the Mississauga team to reopen additional services for our residents permitted under Step One,” says Mayor Bonnie Crombie. “We know everyone has waited a long time for us to reach this milestone. I’m grateful to the team who will be working very hard over these next few days to safely reopen our outdoor pools, patios, outdoor fitness and much more. Thank you to the entire Mississauga community for doing their part by listening to the advice of public health and for getting vaccinated. It’s clear that these steps are working and I see a bright future ahead for our city.”
Under Step One of the reopening framework, the following is permitted:
- Outdoor social gatherings and organized public events with up to 10 people
- Outdoor dining with up to four people per table, with exceptions for larger households
- Outdoor fitness classes, outdoor groups in personal training with up to 10 people
- Outdoor pools
- Day camps for children
- Outdoor religious services, rites or ceremonies, including weddings and funerals, capped at the number of people that can maintain a physical distance of two metres
- Indoor religious services, rites or ceremonies, including weddings and funerals permitted at up to 15 per cent capacity
- Non-essential retail permitted at 15 per cent capacity, with no restrictions on goods that can be sold; essential and other select retail permitted at 25 per cent capacity, with no restrictions on the goods that can be sold
For a full list of what is permitted to open, click here.
Reopened City activities:
- Libraries will reopen computer bookings at Burnhamthorpe, Malton and the pop-up location at the Living Arts Centre on Thursday, June 17.
- Outdoor pools will be open this summer for lane and public swims. Capacity will be limited and participants will be required to reserve online at activemississauga.ca.
- Lion’s Club of Credit Valley Outdoor Pool and Streetsville Outdoor Pool will open on Saturday, June 12 (reservations will open today at 10 a.m. and for bookings five days in advance reservations will be available at 6 a.m.)
- The remaining outdoor pools will open on Saturday, June 19 (reservations available five days in advance at 6 a.m.)
- Celebration Square Wading Pool will open on Friday, June 11 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. with capacity limits. Residents waiting to go into the wading pool will be required to line up and ensure they maintain a two-metre distance.
- Outdoor permits for sport fields, outdoor fitness classes and picnics will be available as of Friday, June 11 for groups limited to 10 patrons (no games or scrimmages permitted). Those interested in booking a permit can contact the Customer Service Centre at 905-615-4100.
- Limited outdoor registered programs will begin on Saturday, June 19, including instructional golf, tennis and fitness with limited capacities. Registrations will be available at activemississauga.ca starting today at 10 a.m.
- Registration for Day Camps with limited capacities continues to be available.
- Both BraeBen and Lakeview golf courses are open.
Mississauga residents are asked to continue to follow all public health measures put in place. The City continues to offer many online recreational activities for all ages.
- Information on the Province’s Three-Step Roadmap to Safely Reopen the Province
- For a full list of the restrictions and enforcements, visit visit ontario.ca/covid19
- For information on City Services, visit the City Services Status page
- Visit mississauga.ca/business-covid-19 to learn more about resources for businesses.
For information about the City’s response to COVID-19: