September 28, 2020
The City’s Uptown Node is growing rapidly. Located around Eglinton Avenue and Hurontario Street, the Uptown Node has several buildings under construction with new mixed-use developments on the horizon. The Uptown Node will also be served by a stop on the future Hurontario Light Rail Transit (LRT). To help guide this growth, the City of Mississauga is preparing an Official Plan Amendment (OPA) for the Uptown Node. We want to hear your feedback on the draft policies we’ve developed to address:
- Retention of office and retail space
- Affordable housing as part of new developments
- New street locations
- Block sizes
- Future park locations
How to Have Your Say:
There are many ways to share your feedback on the draft Uptown Node policies:
- Attend the Virtual Community Meeting: On Monday, October 5, at 12:30 p.m., our planning team will walk through a live presentation and moderated Question-and-Answer session. Register here to attend.
- Share Your Comments: Between October 9 and October 23, review the proposed draft policies for the Uptown Node on mississauga.ca/uptown and share your feedback using our Comment Box.
- Attend the Statutory Public Meeting: On Monday, October 19 at 6 p.m., the draft OPA will be presented to the City’s Planning and Development Committee. The report will be available one week prior to the meeting. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the public are encouraged to participate online. Advance registration is required to attend the meeting in person due to limited seating. Read the official public notice to learn more.
Learn more about the Uptown Node, sign up for email updates, share a comment or ask a question anytime by visiting the Uptown Node engagement website.
The City’s Official Plan provides policies that guide and direct the physical change of the city. It manages the effects on Mississauga’s social, economic, cultural and natural environment.