February 12, 2021
On Tuesday, February 16, MiWay will restore school bus route services as schools reopen in Peel Region. Service on nine 300-series school routes will resume and additional supplementary trips will be added to other local routes that serve high schools in Mississauga.
In addition, in response to evolving customer demand and road construction, on February 22, MiWay will make the following planned service changes:
- Scheduled changes on various routes in response to changes in ridership demand
- Route 44 Mississauga Road will have revised routing due to construction on Mississauga Road
- Route 53 Kennedy will have revised routing and travel to Cooksville GO
- On Family Day (Monday, February 15) and Good Friday (Friday, April 2), buses will operate on a holiday schedule with reduced scheduling
Wearing a face covering is still required under City by-law in all indoor public spaces, including when riding on MiWay and inside transit terminal buildings. Children under the age of two and people with disabilities or other medical conditions that prevent them from wearing a face covering are not required to wear one.
Customers are encouraged to use PRESTO as a contactless way to pay for their ride. With PRESTO, your transfer is active for two hours from when you first tap your card on the bus (and you don’t need a paper transfer).
More information about these service changes is available at the following:
- February 16 school route updates: ca/students
- February 22 service changes: ca/feb22
- All MiWay service updates: ca/updates