Peel 2051 is the Region’s Official Plan Review and Municipal Comprehensive Review (MCR), which will help us better plan for the future by taking action on new population and employment forecasts, responding to public and stakeholder feedback, and complying with new provincial legislation, plans, and policies.
The Region will be conducting two Open Houses to provide members of the public an opportunity to learn about the proposed ROPA, ask staff questions, and provide comments:
- Tuesday, October 26, 2021 from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. – Add to calendar. Join the meeting
- Wednesday, October 27, 2021 from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. – Add to calendar. Join the meeting
Note that the same materials will be presented at each of these Open Houses. The virtual display boards for the Peel 2051 focus areas are available below.
In addition to the Open Houses, a Public Meeting of Regional Council will be held on Thursday, November 4, 2021 at 1:00 p.m.
Due to the efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19, the meeting will be live-streamed from the Region of Peel, Council Chamber, 5th Floor, 10 Peel Centre Drive, Suite A, Brampton. To attend in person, please email the Office of the Regional Clerk or call (905) 791-7800, ext. 4502 for further instructions.
If you wish to make written or verbal submissions at the public meeting on the Regional Official Plan Amendment, please email the Office of the Regional Clerk or call (905) 791-7800, ext. 4502. Submissions should be submitted by 1:00 p.m. on November 4, 2021.
Please note: The Alton, Caledon East and Southfields Village Library Branches will be open during the Open Houses and Public Meeting, and will have some devices available for use, along with internet connectivity, while still following capacity limits with health and safety protocols in place.
Please provide comments by November 30, 2021 to Virpal Kataure, Principal Planner, Regional Planning and Growth Management, 10 Peel Centre Drive, Suite A, 6th Floor, Brampton, ON L6T 4B9, by phone to 905-791-7800 ext. 4364, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you wish to be notified of the decision of the Council of The Regional Municipality of Peel on the ROPA, you must make a written request to Kathryn Lockyer, Director and Regional Clerk at:Kathryn Lockyer, Regional Clerk
Regional Municipality of Peel
10 Peel Centre Dr., Suite A – 5th Fl. Brampton, ON L6T 4B9
Tel: 905-791-7800, ext. 4502 Fax: 905-791-1693
- If a person or public body would otherwise have an ability to appeal the decision of The Regional Municipality of Peel to the Ontario Land Tribunal but the person or public body does not make oral submissions at a public meeting or make written submissions to The Regional Municipality of Peel before the proposed official plan is adopted, the person or public body is not entitled to appeal the decision.
- If a person or public body does not make oral submissions at a public meeting or make written submissions to The Regional Municipality of Peel before the proposed official plan is adopted, the person or public body may not be added as a party to the hearing of an appeal before the Ontario Land Tribunal unless, in the opinion of the Tribunal, there are reasonable grounds to add the person or public body as a party.
For more information about this matter, including information about appeal rights, contact the Office of the Regional Clerk at email@example.com or at 905-791-7800, ext. 4502.
Please note that your name will appear on the agendas and minutes of the Public Meeting of Regional Council if you provide oral or written submissions to Regional Council. The agendas and minutes of the Public Meeting of Regional Council will appear on the Region of Peel Website as a public record of the proceedings. All postings are in compliance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Virtual Open House Display Boards
Find the latest virtual display boards on each focus area here:
- Aggregate Resources
- Agriculture and rural systems
- Climate Change
- Cultural Heritage and Indigenous Engagement
- Greenlands System
- Growth Management
- Major Transit Station Areas
- Provincial Greenbelt Plans (including Oak Ridges Moraine Conservation Plan and Niagara Escarpment Plan)
- Rural Settlement Area Boundary Refinement
- Settlement Area Boundary Expansion
- Waste Management
- Water Resources
- Wildland Fire
Visit Draft policies and mapping for the October 1, 2021 draft version of proposed Official Plan policies and mapping to help track recommended changes.
Download a summary of the most-recent comment response tables:
Local municipal Official Plan reviews
Email Regional Planning & Growth Management or call 905-791-7800 ext. 4364 to receive the latest updates and submit comments on the Peel 2051 project.
Personal information collected pursuant to the requirements of the Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990 may be used to notify participants of future consultation, newsletters, and Regional Official Plan policies. All comments may become part of the public record of the review process to assist in making a decision on this planning matter. Questions regarding this collection may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If language is a barrier to accessing this information, please call or email us with the details to explore translation or interpretation options.