October 14, 2020
The City of Mississauga will host three virtual community meetings to discuss its Official Plan update. The Official Plan is the guiding document for land-use planning in Mississauga. The City is reviewing the Plan to ensure it reflects the changing needs of the community while conforming to updated provincial legislation.
Virtual community meetings that include a presentation on the Official Plan Review and attendee input on the vision and priorities.
The meetings are designed to discuss city-wide priorities as well as key planning issues affecting individual wards.
- October 26 – 2 to 3:30 p.m. City-wide and “North” (Wards 5, 9, 10 and 11)
- October 29 – 7 to 8:30 p.m. City-wide and “Central” (Wards 3, 4, 6 and 7)
- November 2 – 7 to 8:30 p.m. City-wide and “South” – (Wards 1, 2 and 8)
- Mississauga residents
- Business owners and employees
- City staff and Ward Councillors
Register here to participate.
To learn more before the meetings, read the Research Briefs. These explain the Official Plan priority areas including housing, transportation, environment, complete communities, city structure and urban design.
The City’s Official Plan provides policies that guide and direct the physical change of the city. It manages the effects on Mississauga’s social, economic, cultural and natural environment. The Official Plan addresses:
- where housing, industry, offices, shops and roads should go
- which services and amenities (e.g., parks, transit) are needed and where they will be located
- where to focus growth and what it will look like
The City launched the Official Plan Review at a Special Council meeting held on June 10, 2019. For more information and to sign up for email updates, visit the public engagement page.