As part of the Queen Elizabeth Way improvement from east of Cawthra Road to West of Etobicoke Creek, the contractor will be replacing Ogden pedestrian bridge which will require the closure of North Service Road, South Service Road and QEW between Dixie Road and Cawthra Road.
- Eastbound and Westbound traffic on the QEW will be diverted to the off ramps where the traffic will be detoured to the north through Queensway and to the south through Lakeshore Road.
- North Service Road and South Service Road will be closed and detoured to the north through Queensway and to the south through Lakeshore Road. Local access will be maintained.
- MiWay will be detouring their transit services.
- The attached notice was distributed to residents and businesses in advance of the planned closure.
Nov 25, 2023 (10 PM – 9 AM) – QEW Closure for installation of the main bridge section (across QEW)
Dec 2, 2023 (10 PM – 6 AM) – SSR Closure for installation of the second bridge section (across SSR)
This work is planned to occur between 10 pm on Saturday November 25th and 9 am on Sunday November 26th. Additionally, on Nov 25, 2023, a smaller bridge section crossing NSR will be installed together with the main bridge section crossing QEW.
During the closure, Emergency Services (Fire, Police & Ambulance) will NOT be maintained.
Variable Message Signs have been installed in advance of the closure and MTO has advertised the planned QEW closure.
North Service Road, South Service Road and QEW between Cawthra Road and Dixie Road – Temporary Road Closure
- Starting Saturday, November 25th at 10 pm until Sunday November 26th at 9:00 am.